AMHERST, Mass. – Hosting the fourth annual Amherst College Spring Fling, the men's track & field team tallied 51 points to claim third overall at the seven-team meet Saturday afternoon.
Amherst returns to action next weekend, Friday-Saturday, April 13-14 when they compete in the two-day Silfen Invitational hosted by Connecticut College.
- Kyland Smith '21 paced the Mammoths in the 400 meter dash, clocking a time of 52.67 seconds to earn sixth overall. Brad Besson '20 took eighth in the event behind a 52.95 second mark.
- Securing the top-three spots in the 800 meter run, Jacob Silverman '19, Ralph Skinner '20 and Jack Malague '20 powered past the competition with times of 1:59.04, 1:59.49 and 2:00.32, respectively.
- Finishing back-to-back in the 31-harrier 1500 meter run, Kristian Sogaard '19 placed second overall (4:03.36), while Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20 claimed third (4:03.89).
- Jack Dufton '20 led Amherst in the 400 meter hurdles, crossing the finish line in 1:00.13 to place fourth overall.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Besson, Jay Drain Jr. '18, Harrison Haigood '18 and Teddy Lane '21 took the top spot, teaming up to record a time of 3:29.96.
- With a height to 1.73 meters, Dufton earned sixth overall in the high jump.
- Jordan Edwards '20 placed second in the triple jump, notching a distance of 13.85 meters.
- In the shot put, Sam Amaka '19 posted a sixth place finish with a throw of 12.42 meters, while the junior took 13th in the discus throw (31.49 meters) and third overall in the hammer throw (44.68 meters).
- Elorm Yevudza '19 earned sixth overall in the hammer throw, tossing a distance of 38.07 meters.