MEDFORD, Mass. – The Amherst College men's track & field team kicked off the outdoor season at the 20-team Snowflake Classic, battling to a 10th place finish at the Clarence "Ding" Dussault Track on the campus of Tufts University.
The Mammoths return to action on Saturday, April 7 when they host the annual Amherst Spring Fling.
- Racing in the 200 meter dash, Stanley Dunwell '20 recorded a 12th place finish with a 22.85 second mark, while Harrison Haigood '18 earned 22nd overall (23.18 seconds).
- Continuing to impress, Dunwell added a fourth place finish in the 400 meter dash with a time of 50.54 seconds, while Haigood took 12th with a 51.21 second mark.
- Clocking a time of 4:02.41, Cosmo Brossy '19 clinched the silver in the 1500 meter run. With a 4:07.95 mark, Estevan Velez '20 finished sixth overall.
- Billy Massey '21 paced the Mammoths in the 5000 meter run, securing seventh overall (15:35.72), while Braxton Schuldt '21 and Justin Barry '18 finished back-to-back to take 13th (15:46.25) and 14th (15:48.20), respectively.
- Posting a top-five finish, Tucker Meijer '19 earned fifth overall in the 10,000 meter run with a 32:17.10 mark.
- Junior Maxim Doiron ran to a 16.68 mark in the 110 meter hurdles to place ninth, while Jay Drain Jr. '18 took 10th in the 400 meter hurdles (59.74).
- In the triple jump, Jordan Edwards '20 claimed fourth overall with a distance of 13.33 meters.