Birmingham, Ala. – The Amherst College men's track & field team wrapped up indoor competition in impressive fashion, earning four top-10 finishes at the 2018 NCAA Division III Indoor Track & Field Championships at the Birmingham CrossPlex on the campus of Birmingham Southern College.
- Kristian Sogaard '19 clinched a spot in the finals of the 800 meter run with a solid performance in the preliminaries, clocking a time of 1:52.43 to take third overall.
- The Mammoths distance medley relay squad of Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20, Ralph Skinner '20, Jacob Silverman '19 and Cosmo Brossy '19 combined for a ninth place finish, notching a time 10:01.38 to outpace their No. 11 seed slot.
- The 4x400 meter relay quartet of David Ingraham '18, Ryan Prenosil '21, Vernon Espinoza '19 and Sogaard posted a time of 3:18.97 to earn 10th overall.
- Earning All-American honors, Sogaard finished as the seventh fastest runner in all of Division III in the 800m, crossing the finish line 1:55.18.
- Running in the 3000 meter event, Brossy earned a 10th place finish with a time of 8:24.10.