Posted: Mar 03, 2018
MEDFORD, Mass. – Runners from the Amherst College men's and women's track and field team participated in the Tufts University National Qualifying Meet on Saturday afternoon at Gantcher Center.
- Two relay teams took to the track for the men's side, with the Amherst squad of David Ingraham '18, Vernon Espinoza '19, Ryan Prenosil '21, and Kristian Sogaard '19 taking first place in the 4 x 400 relay with a time of 3:19.25.
- In the distance medley, the group of Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20, Ralph Skinner '20, Cosmo Brossy '19 and Jacob Silverman '19 earned a fourth place finish, with a time of 10:01.38.
- Kaitlyn Siegel '20 was the winner in the women's high jump, jumping a distance of 1.57 meters. Becki Golia '18 tied for second in the event with the same distance.
- The Mammoths went 2-3 in the 800 meter run, with Danielle Griffin '18 running the event in 2:16 flat and Leonie Rauls '18 less than a second behind (2:16.81).
- Ella Rossa '21 ran in the preliminaries of the 60 meter hurdles, qualifying for the finals, but not completing the event.
- The NCAA Indoor Championships will be held next weekend, March 9th and 10th at Birmingham Southern in Alabama.