MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – At the New England Division III Men's Indoor Track and Field championships, Amherst College finished in a tie for 13th place out of a 28-school field Saturday afternoon at Virtue Field House.
The Mammoths finished with 13 points as a team, level with Brandeis University. The event was won by Tufts University, with 110 points, with MIT and Williams rounding out the top three.
- Cosmo Brossy '19 was one of eight athletes to break the track record in the 3,000 meters. Brossy finished in second place in the event with a time of 8:24.82, just .02 behind the winner, Scott Mason of Connecticut College
- Ryan Prenosil '21 ran a 51.77 time in the 400 meter dash, good for a 14th place finish
- Andrew Swenson '21 was an 11th place finisher in the 600 meters (1:25.93)
- In the 800 meters, Amherst also took 11th place through Estevan Velez '20, who ran the event in 1:57.17
- Tucker Meijer '19 was a seventh place finisher in the 5,000 meters, finishing in a time of 15:13.52
- The Amherst squad of David Ingraham '18, Prenosil, Swenson and Vernon Espinoza '19 finished eighth in the 4x400 relay, which consisted of 17 squads
- In the 4x800 relay, Amherst also placed eighth out of 14 teams, with the team including Velez, Jack Malague '19, Spencer Ferguson-Dryden '20 and Ermias Kebede '19
- Jordan Edwards '20 jumped a distance of 13.65 meters for a seventh place finish in the triple jump
- Sam Amaka '19 finished in 11th place in the weight throw, with a top throw of 14.78 meters