BOSTON, Mass. -- The Amherst College men's track and field team split their ranks and sent runners to both the Gordon Kelly Invitational at MIT and the Valentine Invitational at Boston University on Saturday afternoon.
Valentine Invitational Performances:
- Ryan Prenosil '21 ran a personal best 49.83 in the 400 meters.
- The 4x400 meters team of Prenosil, David Ingraham '18, Kristian Sogaard '19 and Vernon Espinoza '19 won their section with a time of 3:18.95. They topped teams from Cortland State, Harvard and American International.
- Cosmo Brossy '19 set a personal record with an 8:24.74 in the 3,000 meters.
- Estevan Velez '20 set an indoor PR with a time of 1:57.56 in the 800 meters.
- Jacob Silverman '19 set a PR in the 800 with a 1:55.40 finish.
- Also setting a PR in the 800 was Jack Malague '19 (1:59.21).
Kelly Invitational Performances:
- Biafra Okoronkwo '20 placed second in the 60 meter dash, with a time of 7.32.
- Kyland Smith '21 ran a time of 52.89 in the 400 meters, good for second place in the 11-man race.
- Jack Dufton '20 won the 800 meters with a 2:07.04 showing.
- Cornell Brooks '19 took a 13th place finish in the shot put with a final toss of 11.97 meters.
The Division III New England Indoor championships are up next on the schedule, slated for next Saturday at Middlebury College.