WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – All five Mammoth runners competing at the NEICAAA Championships registered strong performances in the penultimate meet of the regular season, as the Amherst College men's track & field team placed four student-athletes inside the top-15 in three events.
Amherst returns to action on Thursday, May 18 when they travel to Cambridge, Mass. for MIT's Last Chance Meet.
- The lone Mammoth runners to compete on day one, Cosmo Brossy and Clark Ricciardelli '20 started the Championships off strong, posting top-8 finishes in their respective events.
- In the 5000-meter run, Brossy clocked a time of 14:41.14 to place eighth overall in the 29-man race.
- Logging a 31:02.95 mark in the 10,000-meter run Ricciardelli notched a third place finish.
- Kristian Sogaard led the three Mammoth competitors in the 800-meter run on day two, crossing the finish line in 1:50.30 to take third overall. Securing 14th, Vernon Espinoza put up a time of 1:53.07, while Ralph Skinner placed 20th (1:54.47).
- Competing in the 1500-meter run, Keven Connors recorded a time of 3:55.62 to place 11th, while Spencer Ferguson-Dryden finished 21st behind a 3:58.85 mark.