Amherst, Mass. - Traveling to New London, Conn. on April 14, distance runners of the Amherst men's track & field team competed in the Connecticut College Silfen Invitational, before the squad traveled down the road to compete in the UMass Amherst Invitational on Saturday, April 15.
SILFEN INVITATIONAL DISTANCE FEST
- Kristian Sogaard and Vernon Espinoza finished back-to-back in the 800 meter run to place second and third, respectively, behind times of 1:54.15 and 1:54.18.Raplph Skinner also posted a top-10 finish in the event, capturing eighth overall (1:56.34).
- In the 1,500 meter run, Kevin Conners crossed the finish line in fifth, recording a 3:57.10 mark, while Spencer Ferguson-Drydon took seventh with a time of 3:58.55.
- Clark Ricciardelli finished seventh in the 5,000 meter, notching a 14:59.09 mark, while Cosmo Brossy claimed ninth overall with a time of 15:03.12.
UMASS AMHERST INVITE
- Mayowa Tinubu and Aziz Khan finished back-to-back in the 100-meter dash, securing seventh and eighth with times of 11.40 and 11.45 seconds, respectively, while Khan added a seventh place finish in the 200-meter dash with a 22.78 mark.
- Leading the Mammoths in the 400-meter dash, Sogaard took second (50.28), while Skinner placed fourth (50.43).
- In the 800-meter run, Ferguson-Drydon notched fifth overall with a time of 1:56.63, while Conners crossed the finish line in 1:57.30 to place ninth.
- Estevan Velez posted a 12th place finish in the 1,500-meter run with a time of 4:06.25, while Jacob Silverman finished 16th (4:09.25).
- Recording times of 15:50.55 and 15:51.21 in the 5,000-meter run, Jack Wesley and Chris Stone claimed fourth and fifth overall.
- In the long jump, Jordan Edwards registered a distance of 6.35 meters to place third, while he added a fourth place finish in the triple jump with a 13.18 meter mark.
- Sam Amaka logged third overall in the hammer throw with a distance of 41.48 meters.
Amherst returns to action on Saturday, April 22 when they travel to Hartford, Conn. to compete in the Trinity College Invitational beginning at 10 a.m.