Posted: Apr 22, 2018
CLINTON, N.Y. -- Amherst wrapped up a busy weekend with an 8-1 victory over Hamilton College in New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) play on Sunday afternoon at Tietje Family Tennis Center.
The No. 7 Mammoths (11-3, 4-1 NESCAC) were playing their third match in as many days, and finished off the stretch with back to back wins, moving their NESCAC winning streak to three games.
Below are the results from Sunday's match against the Continentals, as Amherst took three points from doubles and won five of six singles matches.
1. Sean Wei (A) d. Sam Farber 6-1, 6-1.
2. Kevin Ma (A) d. Rob Dotterer 6-3, 6-0.
3. Max Zimmerman (H) d. Jayson Fung 6-1, 1-6, 6-3.
4. Jesse Levitin (A) d. Tim Derby 6-0, 6-1.
5. Jon Heidenberg (A) d. Eyad Nagori 6-2, 6-1.
6. Oliver Kendall (A) d. Jafar Sharipov 3-6, 7-5, (11-9).
1. Wei/Fung (A) d. Farber/Dotterer 8-3.
2. Heidenberg/Ma (A) d. Zimmerman/Derby 9-7.
3. Kendall/Levitin (A) d. Matt May/Eamon Gibbons 8-1.
Records: Amherst 11-3, 4-1 NESCAC; Hamilton 4-10, 0-5 NESCAC.
Amherst heads to Williamstown next Saturday for a 1:00 PM matchup against rivals Williams College. The #4 Ephs are 12-3 overall and 5-1 in the NESCAC.