WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. - The No. 14 Amherst College men's tennis team was outlasted by No. 9 Williams College, 5-4 in NESCAC and Little III action at the Hunt Tennis Courts on Saturday, April 30 in Williamstown, Mass.
Williams (12-3, 5-2 NESCAC)
Amherst (14-8, 3-5 NESCAC)
- In doubles action, Aaron Revzin '16 and Michael Solimano '16 downed Brian Grodecki and Alex Schidlovsky, 8-4 on court one.
- Williams responded with wins of 8-5 on the second court, and 8-2 from the third position to post a 2-1 lead.
- Zach Bessette '19 defeated Grodecki, 6-3, 6-7 (0-3), 6-0 in number two singles, while Revzin picked up a 6-1, 6-4 victory over Schidlovsky on court three.
- Ben Fife '16 added a 3-6, 6-2, 6-4 comeback win on the fourth court to give Amherst four points, but Williams posted wins from the first, fifth, and sixth positions to help seal its narrow win.
- The Ephs take on Trinity College in Hartford, Conn. on May 1 at 1 p.m.
- Amherst travels to Lewiston, Maine for the NESCAC Men's Tennis Championships on May 6-8 at the Wallach Tennis Center on the campus of Bates College.