LEWISTON, Maine – The eighth-ranked Amherst College men's tennis team won five of six singles matches en route to securing an 8-1 victory over No. 22 Bates College in Saturday afternoon's NESCAC match at the Wallach Tennis Center.
With the win, Amherst moves to 12-4 overall and 3-1 in league play, while Bates falls to 5-6 overall and 1-2 in the conference.
- Anton Zykov '17 fought to a three-set victory against Ben Rosen on court one, 4-6, 6-3, 10-7, while Zach Bessette '19 downed Fergus Scott, 6-1, 6-1 in number three singles.
- Andrew Yaraghi '16 earned a point for Amherst in the fourth position, toppling Pat Ordway in consecutive sets, 6-1, 6-0.
- Ben Fife '16 swept the fifth court, 6-0, 6-0, while Justin Sun '19 defeated Josh Quijano, 6-0, 7-6 on court six.
- Aaron Revzin '16 and Michael Solimano '16 walked away with an 8-5 win on court one; while Yaraghi and Zykov downed Scott and Ordaway, 9-8 in the number two spot.
- Fife and Bessette earned an 8-1 victory on court three to seal the Purple & White's 3-0 sweep in doubles.
- Amherst takes the courts against Bowdoin College on Sunday, April 9 at 3 p.m.