HARTFORD, Conn. – The eighth-ranked Amherst College men's tennis team swept the doubles courts and tacked on four singles victories to defeat Trinity College, 7-2 Thursday afternoon a the Assaiante Tennis Center.
Amherst (10-3, 2-0 NESCAC)
Trinity (3-3, 0-2 NESCAC)
- Court one saw senior Aaron Revzin battle to a hard-fought three-set victory over Rex Glickman, 6-7, (4), 7-5, 10-7.
- Ben Fife '16 earned the win in the third position, 6-1, 6-2, while Andrew Arnaboldi '17 took the point on court five by posting consecutive 6-3 match wins over William Boyd.
- Jon Heidenberg '19 notched Amherst's final singles victory, defeating Carlos Ferreyros on court six, 6-1, 6-2.
- The Purple & White won all three matches on the doubles courts to help secure the 7-2 victory.
- Zach Bessette '19 and Fife bested Glickman and Ford Traff on court one, 8-5, while the duo of Heidenberg and Andrew Yaraghi '16 handed Ferreyros and Cam Smith a 8-6 loss on the second court.
- Revzin and Jesse Levitin '19 swept the doubles match on court three, defeating Rutendo Matingo and Boyd, 8-0.
- Amherst returns to the courts on Saturday, April 2 when they take on NESCAC rival Tufts University at home. The time of the match has yet to be determined.