AMHERST, Mass. – The No. 7 Amherst College men's tennis team claimed a 8-1 victory at home over NESCAC rival Colby College, before traveling to Cambridge, Mass. and falling to Harvard University 5-2 Sunday afternoon.
With the split, Amherst moves to 9-3 on the season and 1-0 in NESCAC league play.
- Amherst won five of its six singles matches and swept its doubles contests to post its 8-1 victory.
- Aaron Revzin '16 and Zach Bessette '19 won 6-2, 6-1 and 6-1, 6-2 on the second and third courts respectively, while Ben Fife '16 secured a 6-3, 6-4 win on court four.
- First-years Jesse Levitin and Justin Sun earned victories on courts five and six with Levitin defeating Jeremy Mendoza 6-0, 6-1 and Sun downing Nam Le 6-1, 6-1.
- In number one doubles, Revzin and Michael Solimano '16 edged Carl Reid and Vlad Murad 8-3, while the duo of Andrew Yaraghi '16 and Anton Zykov '17 notched a 8-4 win on court two.
- On court three, Fife and Bessette claimed a 8-1 win over Shaw Speer and Matt Martin.
- Against Harvard, Amherst fell, 5-2, including setbacks in in four of its six singles matches and in each of its doubles matches to lose the doubles point.
- Solimano battled to a three-set win on court three (3-6, 6-3, 1-0) over Kelvin Lam, while Fife downed Michael Peters to pick up another Amherst victory 6-4,6-2 on court six.
- Revzin was edged out in three-sets on court four, 7-6, 4-6, 10-4.
- Amherst returns to action on Thursday, March 31 when they travel to Hartford, Conn. to take on Trinity starting at 4 p.m.