CLAREMONT, Calif. – The No. 7 Amherst College men's tennis team fell to Claremont-Mudd-Scripps (CMS), 5-4 in a thrilling contest in Claremont, Calif. Saturday afternoon.
With the loss, Amherst concludes its Spring Break trip and moves to 8-2 overall.
- Amherst won three singles matches against CMS.
- In an intense battle in number three singles, Michael Solimano '16 was narrowly defeated by his opponent in three sets, 6-4, 4-6, 6-3.
- On court four, Aaron Revzin '16 edged his opponent, 7-6 (8-6), 6-2, while Zach Bessette '19 earned a 7-6 (8-6), 6-1 win on court five.
- On the sixth court, Ben Fife '16 pulled away to a 6-2, 6-1 victory.
- CMS won two of the three doubles courts as Anton Zykov '17 and Andrew Yaraghi '16 narrowly fell, 9-8 (7-5) on court one, while Revzin and Solimano posted an 8-6 victory on court two.
- From the third court, Fife and Bessette also suffered an 8-6 setback.
- Amherst returns to the Pioneer Valley and will host Colby College to open up NESCAC play Sunday, March 27 at the Amherst Tennis Courts.