AZUSA, Calif. – The No. 8 Amherst College men's tennis team earned a 7-2 victory over Cerritos College, but fell, 8-1 to Azusa Pacific Thursday during its Spring Break Trip to California.
With the split, Amherst moves to 6-1 on the season.
- Amherst won five of its six singles matches and two of its three doubles contests to post its 7-2 victory.
- Jesse Levitin '19 and Ben Birkenfeld '18 won 3-6, 6-2, 6-3, and 6-4, 6-1 on first and second courts respectively, while Jon Heidenberg '19 secured a 6-3, 6-2 win on court four.
- Sam Silver '17 and Carlos de Bracamonte each won a three set match by respective scores of 2-6, 6-4, 10-8, and 2-6, 6-2, 6-3.
- In doubles play Andrew Arnaboldi and Heidenberg won, 8-6 in No. 2 doubles, while Silver and Cameron Raglin '19 picked up an 8-6 decision from the third doubles court.
AZUSA PACIFIC HIGHLIGHTS
- Against Azusa Pacific, Amherst fell, 8-1 including a setback in each of the six singles matches.
- Zach Bessette '19 battled to a three-set loss on court four (6-2, 4-6, 10-5), while Justin Sun '19 was edged, 6-3, 7-6 (7-1) on court six.
- In doubles play, Andrew Yaraghi '16 and Anton Zykov '17 picked up the Purple & White's lone win (8-3) on court two.
- Amherst is back in action against Glendale Community College and Redlands University on Friday, March 18.