CLAREMONT, Calif. - The No. 8 Amherst College men's tennis team earned a pair of 9-0 victories Sunday to open its Spring Break trip in Claremont, Calif.
With the wins, Amherst starts the Spring portion of its schedule 2-0 overall.
- Amherst swept all six singles courts and all three doubles courts to post its 9-0 victory.
- On court one, Anton Zykov '17 posted a 6-1, 6-0 victory, while Andrew Yaraghi '16 earned a 6-2, 6-2 win on court two.
- From the third position, Justin Sun '19 didn't give up a point, posting a 6-0, 6-0 sweep, while Jesse Levitin '19 logged a 6-1, 6-1 win on court four.
- In the fifth slot, Ben Birkenfeld '18 defeated his opponent, 6-2, 6-1, while Sam Silver '17 picked up a 6-1, 6-0 victory on the sixth court.
- In doubles action, Yaraghi and Zykov teamed together to secure an 8-2 win in the first position, while Sun and Berkenfeld won 8-4 on court two.
- On the third court, Jon Heidenberg '19 and Silver tabbed an 8-2 win.
- Against Vassar, Amherst swept all six singles courts, and all three doubles contests.
- Aaron Revzin '16 earned a 6-3, 6-3 win on court one, while Zach Bessette '19 followed with a 6-1, 6-4 win on court two.
- Michael Solimano '16 and Ben Fife '16 earned 6-1, 6-3 and 6-0, 6-1 victories on courts three and four respectively.
- Andrew Arnaboldi '17 secured a 6-1, 6-0 win from the fifth position, while Cameron Raglin '19 posted a 6-0, 6-2 victory on the sixth court.
- The tandem of Revzin and Solimano edged their opponents, 9-7 in doubles action from court one, while Fife and Bessette earned an 8-4 win on court two.
- Arnaboldi and Carlos de Bracamonte '16 added an 8-4 triumph on the third court to secure the sweep.
- The Purple & White returns to action Monday, March 14 when it takes on Chapman and Hope International.