Posted: Oct 10, 2015
LEWISTON, Maine – Eight members of the Amherst College men's tennis team completed day one action at the Wallach Invitational hosted by Bates College Saturday afternoon.
- In "A" flight singles action, Zach Bessette '19 defeated Rex Glickman of Trinity, 6-2, 6-2 in round one action, and then fell to Luke Tercek of Bowdoin, 2-6, 6-2, 10-4 in the quarterfinals.
- Justin Sun '19 defeated Kit Sanderson of Skidmore, 6-0, 2-6, 10-7, before Bates' Ben Rosen posted a 6-3, 6-0 win over Sun in the quarterfinals.
- In "B" flight play, Ben Birkenfeld '18 bested Trinity's Aaron Segel, 5-7, 6-2, 10-6, but lost his quarterfinal match with Zain Ali of Tufts, 6-4, 6-1.
- Jesse Levitin '19 defeated Skidmore's Lucas Pickering, 6-3, 6-4 in the first round, and later fell to Tufts' Rob Jacobson, 6-0, 3-6, 12-10.
- The "C" flight singles saw Birk Mitau '16 fall to Jay Glickman of Tufts, 6-2, 6-2.
- Cameron Raglin '19 posted a 5-7, 6-3, 10-6 win over Trinity's Carlos Ferreyos, before Luke Carstens defeated Raglin by a score of 7-5, 6-2.
- "D" flight singles action saw Carlos de Bracamonte '16 defeat Bowdoin's Arlen McGory, 6-3, 6-4, but suffer a 6-3, 3-6, 10-7 loss to Middlebury's Jack Welch.
- Russell Einbinder '16 was bested by Justin Brogan of Tufts, 7-5, 7-6 (7-5).
- In "A" flight doubles, the duo of Raglin and Birkenfeld defeated Allen Jackson and Kyle Schlanger of Middlebury, 8-4, but fell to Kai Yuen Leung and Nick Tong of Skidmore, 8-6 in the quarterfinals.
- Bessette and Sun were edged, 8-6 by Kit Sanderson and Jonah Epstein of Skidmore.
- In "B" flight doubles action, Mitau and Levitin fell to Tufts' Chris Jones and Ali, 8-1.
- Einbinder and de Bracamonte were narrowly defeated, 8-5 by Lucas Pickering and Steven Koulouris of Skidmore.
- The Purple & White returns to Wallach Invitational action in the consolation rounds Sunday, Oct. 11 in Lewiston, Maine.