AMHERST, Mass. – Seniors Josh Chen '19, Justin Lee '19, Chris Quinones '19, Charles Seltzer '19, and Bobby Shogren '19 were honored prior to their meet against Union College as the Mammoths maintained their unblemished season with a 244-49 win over the Dutchmen on Saturday afternoon at Pratt Pool.
The Mammoths continue rolling as they secured their sixth victory on the season and will set their sights on Massachusetts Institute of Technology on February 2nd beginning at 1:00 PM. The Dutchmen drop to 2-6 overall this season and will face Ithaca in their next competition on February 2nd as well.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Mammoths opened up the meet with a sweep in the 200 yard medley relay, marking a time of 1:35.16 by the team of Craig Smith '20, Sean Mebust '20, Scott Romeyn '20, Jack Koravos '20.
- Flanagan Waldherr '21 placed first in the 1000 yard freestyle with a time of 10:05.56.
- In the 200 yard freestyle, Kou Li '21 recorded a time of 1:42.68 with Scott Romeyn '22 behind him with a time of 1:44.60.
- Smith recorded his first individual victory on the day when he nabbed a time of 24.32 in the 50 yard backstroke.
- Quinones led the way in the 50 yard breaststroke with a time of 26.84 before Eric Wong '20 took first in the 100 yard butterfly.
- The Mammoths swept the top three spots again in the 50 yard freestyle with Jack Koravos '20 leading the way with a time of 21.53.
- Bennett Fagan placed first on the 3-meter board with a score of 307.80 before Koravos notched his second victory on the day with a time of 47.08 in the 100 yard freestyle.
- Smith won the 100 yard backstroke (51.88) while Li followed right behind with a time of 52.40.
- Seniors Chen (59.31), Quinones (1:00.65), and Lee (1:01.59) locked the top three spots in the 100 yard breaststroke.
- Peter Baird added to the Mammoths impressive day when he posted a time of 4:45.33 in the 500 yard freestyle.
- Romeyn marked his first individual win on the day with a time of 23.73 in the 50 yard butterfly.
- On the 1-meter board, Tom Amsbry '22 placed first with a score of 294.67.
- In the 100 yard IM, Gary Sun '22 jumped on the board when he notched a time of 54.42.
- In the final event, Tristan So '21, Seltzer, Li, and Wong topped of the day with a first place finish in the 800 yard freestyle relay.