AMHERST, Mass. – The Amherst men's swimming and diving team maintained their unbowed season Saturday afternoon as they defeated Connecticut College 190-99 at Pratt Pool while also notching a new pool record in the 200 yard medley relay.
The Mammoths will return to action on January 26th when they host Union College at 1:00 PM at Pratt Pool. The Camels are back in action on Monday (January 21st) when they travel to Trinity for a 1:00 PM meet.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Amherst started off their first event on the day securing the top two spots in the 200 yard medley relay. Craig Smith '20, Sean Mebust '20, Jack Koravos '20 and Scott Romeyn '22 received a time of 1:33.00 which is a new pool record.
- In the 200 yard freestyle, Eric Wong '20 (1:42.27) and Tristan So '21 (1:43.88) nabbed the top two spots as the Mammoths secured their second victory on the day.
- Smith continued his strong performance into the next event (100 yard backstroke) where he took first with a time of 51.84. He also recorded a time of 1:52.72 in the 200 yard backstroke to place first.
- Josh Chen '19 and Gary Sun '22 stole the top two spots in the 100 yard breaststroke with Chen taking first (58.22).
- Romeyn took first in the 50 yard freestyle and 100 yard freestyle with times of 20.85 and 46.24.
- In the first diving event (3-meter), the Mammoths took the top three spots as Bennett Fagan '20 continued his strong season with a 300.75 victory.
- Mebust notched his first individual victory on the day with a time of 2:05.99 in the 200 yard breaststroke.
- Wong snagged his second win when he placed first in the 500 yard freestyle with a time of 4:43.05.
- Koravos stole the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 50.95 before the Mammoths swept the 1-meter diving event with Tom Amsbry '22 taking first (293.17).