MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Elijah Spiro '18 captured his second individual NESCAC title and third overall as the No. 11 Amherst College men's swimming & diving team sits in second place, just 96 points behind Williams following day two action at the NESCAC Championships hosted by Wesleyan University in the Wesleyan Natatorium.
THE BASICS – TOP 5
1. Williams (1,145 points)
2. Amherst (1,049 points)
3. Tufts (1,008 points)
4. Connecticut College (989.5 points)
5. Bates (683.5 points)
DAY ONE HIGHLIGHTS
- Spiro continued to excel at the NESCAC Championship, capturing the NESCAC title in the 100-yard breaststroke and with a NCAA 'B' Cut time of 55.23.
- Spiro also had a hand in setting the pool record in the 200-yard medley relay alongside Sam Spurrell '18, Jack Koravos '20, and Alex Dreisbach '17, clocking a NCAA 'B' Cut mark of 1:30.12 to finish first overall.
- Finishing back-to-back with NCAA 'B' Cut times, Jack Koravos '20 and Sam Spurrell '18 claimed third and fourth in the 100-yard butterfly with marks of 48.89 and 48.94, respectively.
- The Purple & White earned its third victory of the day in the 800-yard freestyle relay as Koravos, Eric Wong '20, Connor Haley '17, and Charlie Seltzer '19 secured the NESCAC title with a NCAA 'B' Cut mark of 6:44.83.
- The Purple & White are looking to take the NESCAC Championship crown in the final day of action tomorrow. Prelims are set to begin at 10 a.m. followed by the finals at 5:30 p.m.
AMHERST DAY ONE RESULTS (Only listed if Top 8)
* NCAA 'A' Cut
^ NCAA 'B' Cut
# Meet Record
% Pool Record
@ Amherst Record
200-Yard Medley Relay
Connor Haley '17 - 8th (9:38.69)
Eric Wong '20 - 5th (1:41.28)
Charlie Seltzer '19 - 6th (1:41.45)
800-Yard Freestyle Relay