SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The No. 12 Amherst College men's swimming & diving team downed Springfield College, 144-115 Sunday afternoon at Springfield in the Purple & White's final dual meet of the season.
- RESULT: W 144-115
- LOCATION: Linkletter Natatorium, Springfield
- Amherst took the first two spots in the 200-yard medley relay as the 'A' squad of Craig Smith '20, Josh Chen '19, Elijah Spiro '18, and Jack Koravos '20 clocked a winning time of 1:37.44. The 'B' group of Sam Spurrell '18, Sean Mebust '20, John Janezich '18, and John Brody '17 placed second with a time of 1:41.34.
- Eric Wong '20 and Greg Han '17 finished first and second in the 400-yard individual medley with times of 4:11.48 and 4:18.87, while Alex Dreisbach '17 (1:46.89), Connor Haley '17 (1:47.65), and Nathan Ives '18 (1:49.99) took the top three spots in the 200-yard freestyle.
- Spurrell won the 50-yard backstroke (25.20) while teammates Jack Fergus '20 and Brandon Wang '20 placed second and third with times of 25.95 and 26.10.
- The Purple & White claimed the top three spots in the 50-yard breaststroke through Spiro (26.63), Chris Quinones '19 (27.95) and Noah Jacobs '20 (29.10), while Reed Patterson '17 and Keegan Simmons '17 powered to first and second in the 100-yard butterfly with respective marks of 55.46 and 55.75.
- Chen and Smith glided to first and second in the 50-yard freestyle (22.73 and 23.35 respectively), while Koravos, Sean Mebust '20, and Noah Aube '20 finished second and third in the 100-yard freestyle (49.60 and 52.02).
- Spurrell and Fergus added first and second place marks in the 100-yard backstroke with times of 53.83 and 56.34 respectively.
- Jake Meyer '18 tabbed a score of 195.08 in the 3-meter dive and finished second, while Bobby Shogren '19 followed in third with a score of 167.56.
- The men's swimming & diving team returns to action Friday-Sunday, Feb. 17-19 at the NESCAC Championships hosted by Wesleyan University in Middletown, Conn.