AMHERST, Mass. – First-years Eric Wong, Jack Koravus, and Craig Smith won two individual events each as the 12th-ranked Amherst College men's swimming & diving team downed No. 21 Connecticut College, 165-123 Saturday afternoon at Pratt Pool.
• RESULT: W 165-123 (5-1)
• LOCATION: Pratt Pool, Amherst College
- The Purple & White earned 11 victories from seven different swimmers en route to a 165-123 win.
- Smith, Koravos, Elijah Spiro '18, and Alex Dreisbach '17 set the tone in the opening event earning first place honors and setting a new Pratt Pool record in the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:33.08.
- Wong secured first place in the 200-yard freestyle and the 500-yard freestyle with marks of 52.10 and 4:39.41.
- Koravus and Dreisbach sprinted to a first and third place finish in the 50-yard freestyle with times of 21.10 and 21.72, respectively. Koravus also earned first place honors in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 50.67, while Sam Spurrell '18 touched second with a time of 51.13.
- Smith placed first in the 100 and 200-yard backstroke events with times of 52.10 and 1:54.13.
- Josh Chen '19 glided to first in the 100-yard breaststroke with a mark of 57.59, while Spiro was close behind finishing third in 57.97.
- Competing in the 1-meter diving and the 3-meter diving events, Bobby Shogren '19 scored 180.90 points in the 1-meter dive for a first place finish and 161.77 points in the 3-meter dive for a second place finish, while Jake Meyer placed second in the 1-meter dive (174.15) and first in the 3-meter dive (178.20), respectively.
- Sean Mebust '20 rounded out the purple & White's victories in the 200-yard breaststroke with a mark of 2:07.10.
- In the final relay event, Koravus, Wong, Mebust, and Dreisbach placed second in the 200-yard freestyle relay with a time of 1:25.59.
- Amherst returns to the pool on Saturday, Jan. 28 when they travel to Cambridge, Mass. to take on MIT beginning at 1 p.m.