MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – The No. 13 Amherst College men's swimming & diving team extended its winning streak to three, defeating NESCAC rival Middlebury College, 179.5-113.5 in Saturday afternoon's dual meet in Middlebury, Vt.
• RESULT: W 179.5-113.5
• LOCATION: Middlebury, Vt.
• Amherst tallied 11 first place finishes in its third straight dual-meet win of the season.
• Craig Smith '20, Sam Spurrell '18, Josh Chen '19, and Alex Dreisbach '17 captured the first win of the meet in the 200-yard medley relay as the tandem posted a time of 1:36.57 to earn 11 points.
• Smith also earned individual victories in the 100-yard backstroke and 200-yard backstroke with times of 53.10 and 1:55.10.
• In the 100-yard breaststroke, the Purple & White swept the top three finishes as Sean Mebust '20 (59.97) touched first, Justin Lee '19 (1:00.06) second, and Chen (1:00.67) third.
• First-year Eric Wong clocked first-place times of 1:44.50 in the 200-yard freestyle and 4:42.36 in the 500-yard freestyle,
• Senior Connor Haley powered to first place honors in the 1000-yard freestyle with a mark of 10:12.88.
• Jack Koravos '20 sprinted to two individual victories in the 50-yard freestyle (21.56) and the 100-yard butterfly (51.97), while Spurrell and John Janezich '18 finished second and third in the fly with marks of 52.24 and 53.50.
• Rounding out the Purple & White's individual triumphs were Spurrell in the 200-yard butterfly (1:55.67), Chen in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:12.74), and Mebust in the 100-yard freestyle (48.77).
• Amherst returns to Pratt Pool Dec. 31 to take on Union College at 12 p.m.