MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The No. 13 Amherst College men's swimming and diving team powered to a dual-meet victory over Little Three rival Wesleyan University, 168-108, Monday afternoon as four different swimmers won two individual events for the Purple & White.
• RESULT: W 168-108
• LOCATION: Wesleyan Natatorium - Middletown, Conn.
• The Purple & White tallied 10 first place finishes en route to claiming their second win of the season.
• In the 200-yard medley relay, the tandem of Craig Smith '20, Josh Chen '19, Sam Spurrell '18, and Jack Koravos '20 collected 11 points with a first place finish with a mark of 1:35.76.
• Chen glided to first place honors in the 100-yard breaststroke (58.23) and the 50-yard breaststroke (26.92), while Smith finished first in the 100-yard backstroke (52.58) and the 50-yard backstroke (24.82).
• Spurrell earned gold in the 50-yard butterfly, clocking a time of 23.78, and touched first in the 100-yard butterfly in 51.95.
• Continuing a stellar rookie campaign, Koravos sprinted to first place finishes in the 50-yard freestyle (21.36), and the 100-yard freestyle with a mark of 47.36.
• Eric Wong '20 and John Brody '17 earned second and third in the 100-yard freestyle in 47.64, and 49.55, respectively.
• Senior Connor Haley finished second in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 4:54.09.
• First-year Brandon Wang earned his first collegiate victory in the 400-yard individual medley after clocking a time of 4:19.61.
• The Purple & White hit the road on Saturday, Dec. 3, to take on Middlebury College beginning at 1 p.m in Middlebury, Vt.