WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. - The Amherst College men's swimming & diving team is in third place with 501 points following day one action at the NESCAC Championships hosted by Williams College.
THE BASICS - TOP 5
1. Williams (657.5 points)
2. Conneticut College (545.5 points)
3. Amherst (501 points)
4. Tufts (491 points)
5. Bates (352.5 points)
DAY ONE HIGHLIGHTS
- Connor Haley '17 touched first in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 4:33.75 which was also a 'B' Cut time.
- Senior Asher Lichtig placed first in the 1-meter dive totaling an NCAA 'B' Cut mark of 511.50 points.
- Amherst finished second in the 400-yard medley relay with a combined effort from Matt Heise '16, Elijah Spiro '18, Sam Spurrell '18, and Alex Dreisbach '17 which also made the NCAA 'B' Cut time (3:21.29). The squad set a pool record in the prelims of the event with a mark of 3:21.10.
- Spiro added a second place finish in the 50-yard breaststroke with a time of 25.38 while Josh Chen '19 touched right after him with a third place finish in a time of 25.65.
- Jeff Anderson '16 and Dreisbach powered to fourth place finishes in the 200-yard individual medley and the 50-yard freestyle with respective times of 1:52.34 (NCAA 'B' Cut) and 20.97.
- Reid Patterson '17 glided to a second place mark in the 50-yard butterfly with a time of 22.42.
AMHERST DAY ONE RESULTS (Only listed if Top 8)
* NCAA 'A' Cut
^ NCAA 'B' Cut
# Meet Record
% Pool Record
@ Amherst Record
Elijah Spiro 2nd (25.38)
Josh Chen 3rd (25.65)
Reed Patterson 2nd (22.42)
Sam Spurrell 4th (22.59)
Connor Haley 1st (4:33.75)^
Jeff Anderson 4th (1:52.34)^
Greg Han 7th (1:53.41)
Alex Dreisbach 4th (20.97)
Reed Patterson 7th (21.16)
Asher Lichtig 1st (511.50)^
Matt Heise, Elijah Spiro, Sam Spurrell, Alex Dreisbach 2nd (3:21.29)^
- The Purple & White return to the pool tomorrow, Feb. 20 with prelims beginning at 10 a.m. followed by finals at 6 p.m.