Jan 23, 2016
NEW LONDON, Conn. – The Purple & White won five events, but the Amherst men's swimming & diving team suffered its first loss of the season, 181 – 99, to Connecticut College Saturday afternoon.
- RESULT: L 181 – 99 (5-1)
- LOCATION: Jane Cadwell Lott '36 Natatorium, Connecticut College
- Amherst won three meet events en route to its first loss of the season.
- Matt Heise '16, Elijah Spiro '18, Sam Spurrell '18, and Alex Dreisbach '17 claimed second in the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:36.25.
- Connor Halye '17 took third in the 1,000-yard freestyle (10:05.05).
- The only Purple & White swimmer inside the top-three, Jeff Anderson '16 placed second in the 200-yard freestyle with a mark of 1:44.18.
- Heise earned second in the 200-yard backstroke (1:59.11) and third in the 100-yard backstroke (54.90).
- Touching the wall in 58.57, Spiro took third in the 100-yard breaststroke.
- Spurrell and John Janezich '18 finished back-to-back to claim second and third in the 200-yard butterfly with times of 1:54.76 and 1:59.88, respectively.
- Dreisbach earned second in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 21.96.
- With scores of 457.05 and 438.82, Asher Lichtig '16 took first in both the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events.
- One of Amherst's three wins of the meet, Greg Han '17 swam to a first place finish in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:07.79.
- Anderson claimed second in the 500-yard freestyle, finding the wall in 4:49.37.
- With a mark of 51.73, Spurrell earned first in the 100-yard butterfly.
- Han narrowly outswam the competition in the 200-yard IM with a mark of 1:57.54 to take first overall.
- The quartet of Dreisbach, Heise, Vic Sun '16, and Anderson finished third in the 200-yard freestyle relay (1:28.45).
- Amherst returns to the pool on Saturday, Jan. 30 when they travel to Cambridge, Mass. to take on MIT beginning at 5 p.m.
- The Camels travel to Wellesley, Mass. on Jan. 30 for a 1 p.m. meet with Bates.