Jan 09, 2016
AMHERST, Mass. – The Amherst College men's swimming & diving team won eight of the meet's 13 events as they swam to a 124-113 victory over Little Three rival Williams College Saturday afternoon.
- RESULT: W 124 – 113 (5-0)
- LOCATION: Pratt Pool, Amherst College
- Amherst earned an 'A' cut and a 'B' cut time in the 400-yard medley relay, with Matt Heise '16, Sam Spurrell '18, Elijah Spiro '18, and Vic Sun '19 taking second with a 'A' cut time of 3:27.99 and the quartet of Rishi Kowalski '16, John Janezich '18, Josh Chen '19, and Sebastian Cruz '16 taking third with a 'B' cut time of 3:30.63.
- Junior Connor Haley placed first in the 1,000-yard freestyle with a mark of 9:52.82.
- Charlie Seltzer '19 was the only Purple & White swimmer in the top-three in the 200-yard freestyle, swimming to a third place finish with a time of 1:45.32.
- Finishing back-to-back, Kaison Ifill '19 and Alex Dreisbach '17 finished first and second in the 50-yard freestyle with times of 21.22 and 21.41, respectively.
- Amherst placed two swimmers in the top-three in the 200-yard IM, with Greg Han '17 earning first with a mark of 1:54.71 and captain Jeff Anderson '16 earning second with a mark of 1:55.30.
- Asher Lichtig '16 took gold in the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events with scores of 272.70 and 309.23 ('B' cut score).
- Spurrell, Anderson, and Janezich swept the 200-yard butterfly with times of 1:54.70, 1:54.71, and 1:56.53, respectively.
- Ifill earned third place in the 100-yard freestyle with a mark of 47.30.
- Heise's time of 1:54.15 in the 200-yard backstroke placed him first overall.
- Haley took third in the 500-yard freestyle with a mark of 4:50.34.
- Han was the first swimmer to touch the wall in the 200-yard breaststroke with a pool record time of 2:05.50. Han held the previous pool record in the event (2:05.55).
- Ifill, Anderson, Heise, Dreisbach posted an 'A' cut time of 3:08.66 in the 400-yard freestyle relay to place second overall.
- The Ephs return home to swim against Connecticut College on Jan. 16 at 1 p.m.
- Amherst returns to the pool on Saturday, Jan. 23 when they take on Connecticut College in New London, Conn. starting at 1 p.m.