Posted: Jan 02, 2016
SCHENECTADY, N.Y. – First-year Kaison Ifill won two individual events to lead the Amherst College men's swimming & diving team to their fourth consecutive victory, 202.5-86.5, over Union College Saturday afternoon.
- RESULT: W 202.5 - 86.5
- LOCATION: Alumni Gym Pool, Union College
- The Purple & White won 13 total events en route to securing the victory.
- Amherst swept three events, claiming the top-three spots in the 200 yard freestyle, 200 yard backstroke, and 100 yard butterfly.
- The relay team of Rishi Kowalski '16, Joshua Chen '19, Jeff Anderson '16, and Alex Dreisbach '17 earned first in the 200 yard medley relay with a mark of 1:36.38, while Matt Heise '16, Elijah Spiro '18, Sam Spurrell '18, and Ifill took second (1:36.94).
- First-year Christopher Quinones claimed first in the 1000 yard freestyle (10:13.11).
- John Janezich '18, John Janezich '18, and Charlie Seltzer '19 took the top-three spots in the 200 yard freestyle with times of 1:48.22, 1:48.52, and 1:50.37, respectively.
- Kowalski and Spurrell finished back-to-back to claim first and second in the 100 yard backstroke with marks of 54.86 and 55.89.
- Ifill earned second in the 100 yard breaststroke (59.30), while Anderson earned third (59.45).
- Gregory Han '17 and Sebastian Cruz '16 took the top-two spots in the 200 yard butterfly with times of 1:58.12 and1:58.15, respectively, while Dreisbach (21.70) and Chen (22.69) finished first and second in the 50 yard freestyle, respectively.
- Asher Lichtig '16 claimed first in the 1 meter diving event with a score of 302.02 and second in the 3 meter diving event with a score of 257.40.
- The only Amherst swimmer in the top-three, Ifill took gold in the 100 yard freestyle with a mark of 48.96.
- Anderson, Kowalski, and Haley swept the 200 yard backstroke with times of 1:58.20, 2:01.37 and 2:05.70, respectively, while Janezich (53.59), Spiro (53.96), and Cruz (54.32) took the top-three spots in the 100 yard butterfly.
- The squad of Ifill, Anderson, Heise, and Dreisbach earned first in the 200 yard freestyle relay (1:26.83), while Cruz, Spurrell, Reed Patterson '17, and Sun took second (1:30.07).
- Chen and Justin Lee '19 earned second and third in the 200 yard breaststroke with times of 2:15.19 and 2:16.34.
- Gregory Han '17 narrowly outswam the competition in the 500 yard freestyle with a mark of 4:58.04 to take first place, while Vic Sun '16 placed second with a time of 5:04.15.
- Chen took first (54.42) in the 100 yard IM to finish the day, while Seltzer claimed third with a mark of 57.62.
- Amherst returns home to Pratt Pool on Saturday, Jan. 9 to take on Little Three rival Williams College beginning at 1 p.m.