Dec 06, 2015
AMHERST, Mass. –The Amherst College men's swimming & diving team extended its winning streak to three, defeating NESCAC rival Middlebury College 173.5-111.5 in its home opener at Pratt Pool Saturday afternoon.
- RESULT: W 173.5-111.5
- LOCATION: Pratt Pool, Amherst, Mass.
- Amherst won 12 total events en route to capturing its third consecutive victory of the year.
- Amherst's quartet of Matt Heise '16, Kaison Ifill '18, Elijah Spiro '18, and Alex Dreisbach '18 took secured first in the six-team 200-yard medley relay, notching a time of 1:34.83.
- Junior Connor Haley tied for first with Middlebury's Michael McGean in the 1,000-yard freestyle, with both swimmers posting times of 9.54.51.
- The only Purple & White swimmer in the top-three, Chris Quinones '19 earned first in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:47.62.
- Amherst swept the 100-yard backstroke, 100-yard breaststroke, 200-yard butterfly and 100-yard butterfly events, with Heise, Spiro, Jeff Anderson '16, and Ifill earning the victories with times of 52.51, 58.57, 1:53.10, and 51.48 respectively.
- Ifill and Dreisbach finished back-to-back in the 50-yard freestyle, earning first and second with times of 21.12 and 21.82.
- Asher Lichtig earned nine points for Amherst in the 1-meter and the 3-meter diving events with scores of 253.88 and 246.23.
- Dreisbach collected his second win of the day in the 100-yard freestyle, posting a mark of 48.40 to secure the victory.
- Heise dominated the 200-yard backstroke, touching the wall eight second ahead of the second place swimmer with a time 1:54.76.
- Greg Han'17 earned his first individual win of the season in the 200-yard breaststroke, securing first with a mark of 2:08.52.
- The Purple & White will return to the pool in the New Year, traveling to Union College on Saturday, Jan. 2. The start time of the meet has yet to be determined.