Nov 24, 2015
Middletown, Conn. – The Amherst College men's swimming & diving team won 10 total events to earn a 164-113 victory over Little Three rival Wesleyan University Monday evening.
- Result: W 164-113
- Location: Middletown, Conn. – Wesleyan University
- The Purple & White swept six events, taking home the top-3 spots in the 200-yard medley, 200-yard freestyle, 50-yard backstroke, 50-yard breaststroke, 100-yard butterfly, and 100-yard freestyle.
- Amherst's 200-yard medley group of Matt Heise '16, Elijah Spiro'18, Sam Spurrell '18, and Alex Dreisbach'17 claimed first with a time of 1:35.76.
- Placing just behind Dreisbach who took first with a time of 47.89, Jeff Anderson '16 earned second overall in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 48.53, in addition to posing a mark of 4:09.49 to place first in the 400-yard IM.
- Earning two individual wins, Heise took home gold in the 50-yard backstroke (24:52.9) and the 100-yard breaststrok (51:89.9).
- Kaison Ifill '19 and Dreisbach finished back-to-back in the 50-yard freestyle, with Ifill notching a time of 21.24.9 to narrowly outswim Dreisbach's time of 21.70.
- The lone Purple & White swimmer in the top-3, Greg Han '17 claimed first overall in the 100-yard backstroke with a mark of 59.96.
- Amherst returns to Pratt Pool on Dec. 5 when they take on Middlebury College in their home opener beginning at 1 p.m.