HARTFORD, Conn. – The eighth-seeded Amherst College men's squash team fell to top-seeded and host Trinity College, 8-1 in NESCAC Championship Quarterfinal action, and then suffered a 6-3 defeat to fifth-seeded Colby College in consolation round play at the George A. Kendall Squash Center Saturday on the campus of Trinity College in Hartford, Conn.
- Amherst picked up its lone win from the number position as Noah Browne '16 earned a default victory over his Bantams' counterpart.
- Trinity earned straight set sweeps from the 2-9 slots to advance to the semifinals.
- Browne earned a 3-0 (11-8, 12-10, 11-2) win in the first position, while Harith Khawaja '19 picked up a thrilling, 3-2 (12-14, 8-11, 11-1, 11-5, 11-8) comeback win on court four.
- Lucas Sheiner '19 also posted a 3-2 (5-11, 11-9, 11-7, 7-11, 11-6) victory from the seventh slot.
- The Purple & White, ranked 22nd nationally, will take on either No. 6 Wesleyan University or No. 7 Bowdoin College tomorrow morning at 9 a.m.