Posted: Dec 05, 2015
AMHERST, Mass. – The 22nd-ranked Amherst College men's squash team claimed a 7-2 victory over No. 27 MIT Saturday evening at the Davenport Squash Courts.
- Amherst claimed seven matches on courts No. 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 and 9, and also grabbed a win in the No. 10 spot.
- Noah Browne '16 defeated Justin Restivo at the top of the lineup with a 3-0 sweep. Browne won by scores of 11-6, 11-6 and 11-5.
- On the No. 3 and 4 courts, Cameron Bahadori '18 and Harith Khawaja '19 both earned sweeps with wins over Nikhil Punwaney and Dominic Hansford, respectively. Bahadori won by scores of 11-9, 11-7, 11-6, and Khawaja claimed the match with scores of 11-6, 11-7, 11-10.
- Lucas Sheiner '19 defeated Bowen Baker in the No. 6 spot with scores of 11-7, 11-0, 11-8.
- Thornton Ellis '16 and Darian Ehsani '17 were both tied 1-1 before prevailing with back-to-back wins. Ellis defeated Peter Griggs on the No. 7 court and Ehsani claimed a victory over Elizabeth Wie on the No. 8 court.
- Ian Petty '19 and Robert Schwartz '19 both fell behind in their matches, 1-0, before rallying to claim 3-1 wins. Petty won from the No. 9 spot over Marina Crowe and Schwartz defeated David Kang in the No. 10 position.
- Amherst has a month-long break before returning to action Friday, Jan. 15 to host Hamilton at 3 p.m.
- MIT is off for over a month as well and resumes play Jan. 15 against Conn. College. The match is scheduled for 11 a.m. at Smith College.